When people say that money talks, they’re usually asking someone to prove the value of their words by putting their pocketbook on the line. Planet Asia takes the idiom in a more literal direction on the lead single off his collaborative set with Gensu Dean, imagining the Faces on the Dollar encouraging him as he goes about his ceaseless paper chase. Over the Mello Music Group beatsmith’s piano loops and slow-rolling rhythm section, the Fresno stalwart chronicles his ongoing efforts to achieve “legendary status,” with all the worldly wealth that implies. Packing guest appearances by Tragedy Khadafi, David Banner and more, the duo’s Abrasions LP is pre-orderable here in anticipation of its February 26, release to record stores and online retailers.
Written by richard on 01/9/13
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Alice in Wonderland" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.