You never know quite what you’re going to get next from Gensu Dean, and that’s exactly the point. Although we haven’t heard from the Mello Music Group beatmaker since June’s In My Head, Gensu’s obviously been hard at work crafting dope new music like Wantchu. Although known for his rugged beats, here Dean puts together a R&B oriented instrumental that’s smoother than melted butter, providing the perfect template for U.K. soul singer Olivier Daysoul to lay down some conflicting feelings of infatuation. So, do you want you some Wantachu? Well then you better have a record player: the track is only available on vinyl. You know what to do 45 collectors, get to work.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/9/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Alice in Wonderland" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.