You never know quite what you’re going to get next from Gensu Dean, and that’s exactly the point. Although we haven’t heard from the Mello Music Group beatmaker since June’s In My Head, Gensu’s obviously been hard at work crafting dope new music like Wantchu. Although known for his rugged beats, here Dean puts together a R&B oriented instrumental that’s smoother than melted butter, providing the perfect template for U.K. soul singer Olivier Daysoul to lay down some conflicting feelings of infatuation. So, do you want you some Wantachu? Well then you better have a record player: the track is only available on vinyl. You know what to do 45 collectors, get to work.
Written by Nathan S. on 08/9/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Alice in Wonderland" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.