Hip-hop has long been viewed as a vehicle for edu-tainment, but kicking knowledge is not longer quite as cool as it used to be. Here to reverse that trend is Gensu Dean with the latest single off his recently-released solo set. Here, the Mello Music Group beatmaker’s head-noddable throwback grooves back spiritually-influenced bars from Grand Puba, Sadat X and Lord Jamar of Golden Age crew Brand Nubian. Craving more food for thought? Seek and ye shall find on the artist’s Lo-Fi Fingahz LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 06/7/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Alice in Wonderland" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.