Hip-hop has long been viewed as a vehicle for edu-tainment, but kicking knowledge is not longer quite as cool as it used to be. Here to reverse that trend is Gensu Dean with the latest single off his recently-released solo set. Here, the Mello Music Group beatmaker’s head-noddable throwback grooves back spiritually-influenced bars from Grand Puba, Sadat X and Lord Jamar of Golden Age crew Brand Nubian. Craving more food for thought? Seek and ye shall find on the artist’s Lo-Fi Fingahz LP, available now in stores and online.
Written by richard on 06/7/12
Submit your Rating
Mello Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Alice in Wonderland" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)