Genesis the GreyKid‘s newest single may be titled Sleep Walking, but there’s absolutely nothing drowsy about his latest banger of a track. The Virginia Beach spitter’s record fittingly kicks off with an audio clip from the film Inception and from there it’s a smattering of complex rhymes as Genesis attempts to wake up all his fellow emcees. Throughout the song the artist pairs his witty lyricism with pop culture references as he cleverly raps, “My ways so different, I’m getting tired of these fakes/ Why they all play victim like Milli and Vanilli when the song start skipping.” Sleep Walking boasts production from FeVa, who doesn’t hesitant in adding a slew of boisterous horns to the record. It’s unclear if there’s a larger project from Genesis the GreyKid in the works, but please return to the Booth for additional rhymes from the up-in-coming artist.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/24/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You Know" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)