Genesis the GreyKid‘s newest single may be titled Sleep Walking, but there’s absolutely nothing drowsy about his latest banger of a track. The Virginia Beach spitter’s record fittingly kicks off with an audio clip from the film Inception and from there it’s a smattering of complex rhymes as Genesis attempts to wake up all his fellow emcees. Throughout the song the artist pairs his witty lyricism with pop culture references as he cleverly raps, “My ways so different, I’m getting tired of these fakes/ Why they all play victim like Milli and Vanilli when the song start skipping.” Sleep Walking boasts production from FeVa, who doesn’t hesitant in adding a slew of boisterous horns to the record. It’s unclear if there’s a larger project from Genesis the GreyKid in the works, but please return to the Booth for additional rhymes from the up-in-coming artist.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You Know" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- D’Angelo Changed My Life & “Black Messiah” is Already a Classic
- J. Cole is the Most Important Voice in Music
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.