Genesis the GreyKid‘s newest single may be titled Sleep Walking, but there’s absolutely nothing drowsy about his latest banger of a track. The Virginia Beach spitter’s record fittingly kicks off with an audio clip from the film Inception and from there it’s a smattering of complex rhymes as Genesis attempts to wake up all his fellow emcees. Throughout the song the artist pairs his witty lyricism with pop culture references as he cleverly raps, “My ways so different, I’m getting tired of these fakes/ Why they all play victim like Milli and Vanilli when the song start skipping.” Sleep Walking boasts production from FeVa, who doesn’t hesitant in adding a slew of boisterous horns to the record. It’s unclear if there’s a larger project from Genesis the GreyKid in the works, but please return to the Booth for additional rhymes from the up-in-coming artist.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You Know" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.