Genesis the GreyKid‘s newest single may be titled Sleep Walking, but there’s absolutely nothing drowsy about his latest banger of a track. The Virginia Beach spitter’s record fittingly kicks off with an audio clip from the film Inception and from there it’s a smattering of complex rhymes as Genesis attempts to wake up all his fellow emcees. Throughout the song the artist pairs his witty lyricism with pop culture references as he cleverly raps, “My ways so different, I’m getting tired of these fakes/ Why they all play victim like Milli and Vanilli when the song start skipping.” Sleep Walking boasts production from FeVa, who doesn’t hesitant in adding a slew of boisterous horns to the record. It’s unclear if there’s a larger project from Genesis the GreyKid in the works, but please return to the Booth for additional rhymes from the up-in-coming artist.
Written by Danielle H. on 09/24/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Do You Know" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.