While we have access to more information than has been available at any other point in history, the multitude of competing perspectives and hidden agendas has made truth even harder to come by. Booth newcomer Gene Noble‘s so disoriented by everyone’s Lies that he’s not even sure who he is anymore. The unsigned singer’s uncertainty as to his identity, however, doesn’t stop him from turning in an impressive vocal performance on his latest single. Producer Sam Trax‘s tense, rock-informed boardwork backs the artist as he bemoans the lack of realness around him, building up to a wailing a cappella climax. Matt Robertson‘s official visuals underline the record’s political subtext. For more from this promising up-and-comer, check out The Rebirth of Gene when it drops independently on Tuesday, February 11.
Written by richard on 01/23/14
Unsigned R&B singer Gene Noble has come together with The DJBooth to bring listeners a preview of his latest release, the Rebirth of Gene LP. The project features a total of 10 original jams from the up-and-coming artist,...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.