While we have access to more information than has been available at any other point in history, the multitude of competing perspectives and hidden agendas has made truth even harder to come by. Booth newcomer Gene Noble‘s so disoriented by everyone’s Lies that he’s not even sure who he is anymore. The unsigned singer’s uncertainty as to his identity, however, doesn’t stop him from turning in an impressive vocal performance on his latest single. Producer Sam Trax‘s tense, rock-informed boardwork backs the artist as he bemoans the lack of realness around him, building up to a wailing a cappella climax. Matt Robertson‘s official visuals underline the record’s political subtext. For more from this promising up-and-comer, check out The Rebirth of Gene when it drops independently on Tuesday, February 11.
Written by richard on 01/23/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)