GemStones? Like I want to listen to that guy. Actually, forgive my Sarcasm. *Ahem*. After a nearly two year mini-retirement, his last featured cut was 2008’s Underappreciated, Gem is back with his new track Sarcasm (incorrectly being called My Hood elsewhere), a biting joint that delivers poignant commentary about our society through a medium we can all relate to: cynicism. Lyrically the Chicago artist paints a clear picture of his feeling about what’s going on in the world today: “I wouldn’t trade this life for all the world, it’s too beautiful / Look at all the brutal things police been getting to do to you / Box you in a cubicle until you’re institutional.” Gem’s ability to translate this message into satire is emphasized through some hauntingly smooth production – coming to us from a mysterious producer even Gem doesn’t know the identity of - that takes the track to another level. If you liked this, be sure to keep a lookout for his upcoming project On the Road to Glory: My Story, coming soon. Come on, like you have anything better to do.
Written by Sigurd on 03/24/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We On ft. Lupe Fiasco & Pooh Bear" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.