GemStones? Like I want to listen to that guy. Actually, forgive my Sarcasm. *Ahem*. After a nearly two year mini-retirement, his last featured cut was 2008’s Underappreciated, Gem is back with his new track Sarcasm (incorrectly being called My Hood elsewhere), a biting joint that delivers poignant commentary about our society through a medium we can all relate to: cynicism. Lyrically the Chicago artist paints a clear picture of his feeling about what’s going on in the world today: “I wouldn’t trade this life for all the world, it’s too beautiful / Look at all the brutal things police been getting to do to you / Box you in a cubicle until you’re institutional.” Gem’s ability to translate this message into satire is emphasized through some hauntingly smooth production – coming to us from a mysterious producer even Gem doesn’t know the identity of - that takes the track to another level. If you liked this, be sure to keep a lookout for his upcoming project On the Road to Glory: My Story, coming soon. Come on, like you have anything better to do.
Listen to More: GemStones a.k.a. Gemini
Written by Sigurd on 03/24/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"We On ft. Lupe Fiasco & Pooh Bear" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)