Growing up in the turbulent King Hill community of Montgomery, Alabama DJBooth newcomer Geeter is all too familiar with the Lonely Road. Not content with where the road would have taken him had he remained stagnant, the Southern emcee focused on football, but eventually discovered his passion for rhyming and found himself at Saint Mary’s University in Nova Scotia, Canada. On his Booth debut, Lonely Road, Geeter addresses a number of controversial topics including division among races, economics, and other touchy subjects. Despite his new residence in Canada, Geeter clearly hasn’t lost his Southern twang, which is quite reminiscent of the artists he looks up to including Outkast and T.I. Adding to the contemplative tone of Lonely Road is producer Ritchcraft, who keeps the production heavy on the hand drums and strings. Lonely Road can be found on Geeter’s brand new EP, BeYouToFull.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/16/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.