Growing up in the turbulent King Hill community of Montgomery, Alabama DJBooth newcomer Geeter is all too familiar with the Lonely Road. Not content with where the road would have taken him had he remained stagnant, the Southern emcee focused on football, but eventually discovered his passion for rhyming and found himself at Saint Mary’s University in Nova Scotia, Canada. On his Booth debut, Lonely Road, Geeter addresses a number of controversial topics including division among races, economics, and other touchy subjects. Despite his new residence in Canada, Geeter clearly hasn’t lost his Southern twang, which is quite reminiscent of the artists he looks up to including Outkast and T.I. Adding to the contemplative tone of Lonely Road is producer Ritchcraft, who keeps the production heavy on the hand drums and strings. Lonely Road can be found on Geeter’s brand new EP, BeYouToFull.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/16/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.