Growing up in the turbulent King Hill community of Montgomery, Alabama DJBooth newcomer Geeter is all too familiar with the Lonely Road. Not content with where the road would have taken him had he remained stagnant, the Southern emcee focused on football, but eventually discovered his passion for rhyming and found himself at Saint Mary’s University in Nova Scotia, Canada. On his Booth debut, Lonely Road, Geeter addresses a number of controversial topics including division among races, economics, and other touchy subjects. Despite his new residence in Canada, Geeter clearly hasn’t lost his Southern twang, which is quite reminiscent of the artists he looks up to including Outkast and T.I. Adding to the contemplative tone of Lonely Road is producer Ritchcraft, who keeps the production heavy on the hand drums and strings. Lonely Road can be found on Geeter’s brand new EP, BeYouToFull.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/16/12
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Best/Worst of the Week: My Anaconda Don’t Want None, French Mondashian & More
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (8/22)
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.