You only get one shot at a first impression, which is why, when introducing yourself to the Booth community, you better come with it. Newcomer Gee Watts does in fact come with it on Watts R.I.O.T—and by “it” I mean the hottest emcee in the game, Kendrick Lamar. Atop a GKMC-esque beat from Sounwave, boasting a grungy, street sound blended with a slightly cloudy, kushed-out vibe, Watts achieves something few of K.Dot’s collaborators can say they have done: he avoids getting completely bodied by Kendrick on his own song. Sure, the TDE leader (whose B***h Don’t Kill My Vibe Remix currently tops our Rap Chart) is flawless as usual, but Watts’ vivid wordplay and grimy style keep him toe-to-toe with the hip-hop giant and make this cut a must-have for any one who digs Kendrick’s elegant, street-friendly style. Watts R.I.O.T is set to appear on Gee’s latest project, Watts Up, scheduled for release early next month.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"199x (Sixteen Nineteen)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!