Like Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction, beatsmith GDNA is one Bad Mutha F*cker. Whereas Jules Winnfield expressed his badassitude through violence, intimidation and fake Biblical quotes, though, this Booth newcomer prefers to let his skills behind the boards do the talking. The latest single off the producer’s next full-length sees him layering plangent keyboard chords and Hendrix-inspired guitar riffs over head-nodic percussion as guest lyricists Macon Hamilton, Frank Leone and Waju explain why they’re “the baddest in the best way possible.” Interest piqued? More mesmerizing instrumentals and dope guest bars await on GDNA’s Basement Therapy LP, dropping digitally June 25.
Written by richard on 06/13/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.