Like Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction, beatsmith GDNA is one Bad Mutha F*cker. Whereas Jules Winnfield expressed his badassitude through violence, intimidation and fake Biblical quotes, though, this Booth newcomer prefers to let his skills behind the boards do the talking. The latest single off the producer’s next full-length sees him layering plangent keyboard chords and Hendrix-inspired guitar riffs over head-nodic percussion as guest lyricists Macon Hamilton, Frank Leone and Waju explain why they’re “the baddest in the best way possible.” Interest piqued? More mesmerizing instrumentals and dope guest bars await on GDNA’s Basement Therapy LP, dropping digitally June 25.
Written by richard on 06/13/13
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.