Like Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction, beatsmith GDNA is one Bad Mutha F*cker. Whereas Jules Winnfield expressed his badassitude through violence, intimidation and fake Biblical quotes, though, this Booth newcomer prefers to let his skills behind the boards do the talking. The latest single off the producer’s next full-length sees him layering plangent keyboard chords and Hendrix-inspired guitar riffs over head-nodic percussion as guest lyricists Macon Hamilton, Frank Leone and Waju explain why they’re “the baddest in the best way possible.” Interest piqued? More mesmerizing instrumentals and dope guest bars await on GDNA’s Basement Therapy LP, dropping digitally June 25.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.