It’s quite fitting that Long Island singer/emcee Gator Young would introduce himself with world premiere single I’m Free, a friendly “hello world” effort that doubly serves as his Booth debut. On I’m Free, Gator (yes he’s from Long Island and not the Nawlins backwoods) meticulously works his way from emcee to singer, gliding in a Drake-like manner back and forth between dropping verses and provides the song with its hook. It’s always an fascinating musical juncture when an emcee must transition from rapper to singer mid-song, as the results are usually highly on the cringeworthy side or an audible pleasure. Thankfully for Gator Young it’s the latter. While the Long Island musician doesn’t jump on the hook with memorable powerhouse vocals he does boast a unique voice. Keeping with I’m Free‘s celebratory vibe is production from Kasual Kas of Queeny Entertainment. At the moment I’m Free isn’t attached to any larger project from the dual threat.
Written by Danielle H. on 08/1/12
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.