It’s tough to improve on something like Gary Clark Jr.‘s larger than life Rock and Roll. Good thing tough doesn’t mean impossible. Just take a listen to an updated version of his Bright Lights single. Taken from his newly-released project, Blak And Blu: The Mixtape, this standout record features veteran emcee Talib Kweli, who gives listeners an idea of how the glowing aura of his city can go straight to your head and make you confidently claim things like, “You gonna know my name by the end of the night!” Clark, who is signed to Warner Bros., had Nas on the ‘12 album version of the record, but I don’t see many people complaining about the substitute legend replacement. I mean, how could you with all those filthy guitar chords?
Written by Bryan H on 05/2/14
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Too Early" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.