It’s tough to improve on something like Gary Clark Jr.‘s larger than life Rock and Roll. Good thing tough doesn’t mean impossible. Just take a listen to an updated version of his Bright Lights single. Taken from his newly-released project, Blak And Blu: The Mixtape, this standout record features veteran emcee Talib Kweli, who gives listeners an idea of how the glowing aura of his city can go straight to your head and make you confidently claim things like, “You gonna know my name by the end of the night!” Clark, who is signed to Warner Bros., had Nas on the ‘12 album version of the record, but I don’t see many people complaining about the substitute legend replacement. I mean, how could you with all those filthy guitar chords?
Written by Bryan H on 05/2/14
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Too Early" (2013)
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.