It’s tough to improve on something like Gary Clark Jr.‘s larger than life Rock and Roll. Good thing tough doesn’t mean impossible. Just take a listen to an updated version of his Bright Lights single. Taken from his newly-released project, Blak And Blu: The Mixtape, this standout record features veteran emcee Talib Kweli, who gives listeners an idea of how the glowing aura of his city can go straight to your head and make you confidently claim things like, “You gonna know my name by the end of the night!” Clark, who is signed to Warner Bros., had Nas on the ‘12 album version of the record, but I don’t see many people complaining about the substitute legend replacement. I mean, how could you with all those filthy guitar chords?
Written by Bryan H on 05/2/14
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Too Early" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.