Previously heard lending his guest vocals to Too Early, a 2013 single from R&B/pop heavyweight The-Dream, Gary Clark Jr. is back to make his solo Booth debut with the official remix of Blak & Blu. In its original incarnation, this hip hop-infused jam was the title track off the Texan musician’s 2012 freshman set. Now, with the addition of a heavyweight guest feature, it’s become the latest single off his next mixtape. Def Jam rhymesayer Big K.R.I.T. blesses Clark’s mellow, live-band beat with a middle verse outlining his never-say-die life philosophy: “Don’t let the world brand you and hand you your ass. / You gotta knuckle up, knuck and buck, shake your dreads.” For this inspiring remix and more reimaginings of jams off Clark’s major-label debut, check out the Blak and Blu street album when it drops digitally in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Too Early" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.