Previously heard lending his guest vocals to Too Early, a 2013 single from R&B/pop heavyweight The-Dream, Gary Clark Jr. is back to make his solo Booth debut with the official remix of Blak & Blu. In its original incarnation, this hip hop-infused jam was the title track off the Texan musician’s 2012 freshman set. Now, with the addition of a heavyweight guest feature, it’s become the latest single off his next mixtape. Def Jam rhymesayer Big K.R.I.T. blesses Clark’s mellow, live-band beat with a middle verse outlining his never-say-die life philosophy: “Don’t let the world brand you and hand you your ass. / You gotta knuckle up, knuck and buck, shake your dreads.” For this inspiring remix and more reimaginings of jams off Clark’s major-label debut, check out the Blak and Blu street album when it drops digitally in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Too Early" (2013)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.