Previously heard lending his guest vocals to Too Early, a 2013 single from R&B/pop heavyweight The-Dream, Gary Clark Jr. is back to make his solo Booth debut with the official remix of Blak & Blu. In its original incarnation, this hip hop-infused jam was the title track off the Texan musician’s 2012 freshman set. Now, with the addition of a heavyweight guest feature, it’s become the latest single off his next mixtape. Def Jam rhymesayer Big K.R.I.T. blesses Clark’s mellow, live-band beat with a middle verse outlining his never-say-die life philosophy: “Don’t let the world brand you and hand you your ass. / You gotta knuckle up, knuck and buck, shake your dreads.” For this inspiring remix and more reimaginings of jams off Clark’s major-label debut, check out the Blak and Blu street album when it drops digitally in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/22/14
Submit your Rating
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Too Early" (2013)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lil Wayne ft. The LOX - Gotti
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (10/27)
- Jay Rock ft. Kendrick Lamar & Chantal - Pay For It
- Nicki Minaj ft. Drake, Lil Wayne & Chris Brown - Only
- Drake - 6 God EP
- Run the Jewels - RTJ2
- T.I. - Paperwork: The Motion Picture
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.