Previously heard lending his guest vocals to Too Early, a 2013 single from R&B/pop heavyweight The-Dream, Gary Clark Jr. is back to make his solo Booth debut with the official remix of Blak & Blu. In its original incarnation, this hip hop-infused jam was the title track off the Texan musician’s 2012 freshman set. Now, with the addition of a heavyweight guest feature, it’s become the latest single off his next mixtape. Def Jam rhymesayer Big K.R.I.T. blesses Clark’s mellow, live-band beat with a middle verse outlining his never-say-die life philosophy: “Don’t let the world brand you and hand you your ass. / You gotta knuckle up, knuck and buck, shake your dreads.” For this inspiring remix and more reimaginings of jams off Clark’s major-label debut, check out the Blak and Blu street album when it drops digitally in the near future.
Warner Bros. Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Too Early" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: !llmind
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.