“Better recognize now, it’s an Emergency.”—at least, it is if you’re a wack emcee. When an up-and-comer who’s hardly cracked the latter half of his teens comes with a record as lyrically crushing as 15-year-old spitter Gameboi‘s latest mixtape leak, lackluster mic-rockers have good reason to fear for their future in the game. This gritty selection finds fellow Booth regular J57 taking control on the production tip. Over the Brown Bag All-Star‘s dusty breakbeat and 8-bit synth loops, the artist fires off some of his most jaw-dropping bars to date, exhibiting unflappable confidence along with a wide-ranging knowledge of popular music: “Ever noticed how I kill it on every song? / Check the epilogue; I’m a Foo Fighter in Everlong / I’ve got a Funkadelic flow, I call it Maggot Brain / I’m packin’ pain that make you never ever wanna rap again.” Proof that the Ann Arbor hopeful can go toe-to-toe with the game’s most talented rhymesayers, Emergency is sure to leave fans amped for the dopeness that awaits on Gameboi’s next street album, Young & Restless, due out in March. In the meantime, why not check out his Booth-hosted debut project, the Freshman of the Year EP?
Written by richard on 01/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Act Right" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)