If hip-hop gave Just Blaze grief over sampling Haddaway’s What Is Love then they should be raising pitchforks at Cool & Dre over Game‘s newest single, Red Nation, from the oft-delayed R.E.D Album. The initial high pitched synths from Zombie Nation’s Kernkraft 400 collide with Game’s trademark scruffy voice and the results are mixed, even though all of the ingredients should say this should be a no brainer; Lil Wayne’s name attached, top producers and a rejuvenated rapper should be a win, right? Well, sampling Jock Jams of all things may raise a few eyebrows, but hasn’t raising eyebrows been Game’s calling card since his scowl and Raiders hat hit the scene almost a eight years ago? True, Game does sound at home name dropping everything from Zab Judah to Dancing With the Stars, but when you’re overshadowed by a Weezy chorus, that might not be enough. While Red Nation does make a great reference to the blood gang migration to New York City, and will undoubtedly provide DJBooth Nation with plenty to debate, only time will tell if it finally gets Game’s fourth album a solid release date.
Written by Brando on 03/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.