It’s hard to know what to expect from west coast rider “don’t call me the” Game lately. One minute we’re listening to the atrocious P**sy Fight, the next we’re being hit with an over twenty minute 400 Bar (Freestyle), and today Jayceon is breaking us off with Ain’t No Doubt About It, perhaps the most radio-friendly track of his career, an effect that’s no doubt due primarily to yet another head-noddingly electronic beat from Pharrell and a smooth hook from Justin Timberlake (who thought we’d see the day when a former boy band member was the hookman on a “gangsta” rapper’s track?). Oh yeah, Game’s rhymes. While the Black Wall Street tycoon’s lines aren’t exactly quotable, or even particularly memorable, they do get the job done. In other words, he kind of sounds like a guest artist on his own track. So how about it? Does anyone doubt this track’s appeal? Honestly, I now have no idea what to expect when Game’s upcoming R.E.D. Album finally drops on June 15, but I’ve got my calendar marked.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/28/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.