Last week, the hip-hop world was rocked by news that a certain West Coast mainstay had decided to drop the definite article and go by plain old “Game.” Since he offered no explanation, we can only speculate: Was it a cost-saving measure? Did a certain DJBooth track reviewer singlehandedly bring the one-word moniker back in style? Was it an attempt to build buzz for his latest LP without going through the effort of, you know, doing something interesting? OK, maybe that last one was a little Krazy. Anyway, Game’s latest street single finds the retitled emcee flaunting his skills with the ladies and his flashy accouterments with the help of a heavyweight producer and a certain currently-ubiquitous guest rapper. In addition to serving up a street-certified, guitar/organ-driven head-nodder of a beat as Game and (surprise, surprise) Gucci Mane deliver their boastful bars, Timbaland steps up to the mic to tout his own female appeal on the back end. So, does The Game by a slightly different stage name still sound as sweet? If you think so, mark your calenders for the Dec. 8, release of The R.E.D. album, and keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 11/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.