Last week, the hip-hop world was rocked by news that a certain West Coast mainstay had decided to drop the definite article and go by plain old “Game.” Since he offered no explanation, we can only speculate: Was it a cost-saving measure? Did a certain DJBooth track reviewer singlehandedly bring the one-word moniker back in style? Was it an attempt to build buzz for his latest LP without going through the effort of, you know, doing something interesting? OK, maybe that last one was a little Krazy. Anyway, Game’s latest street single finds the retitled emcee flaunting his skills with the ladies and his flashy accouterments with the help of a heavyweight producer and a certain currently-ubiquitous guest rapper. In addition to serving up a street-certified, guitar/organ-driven head-nodder of a beat as Game and (surprise, surprise) Gucci Mane deliver their boastful bars, Timbaland steps up to the mic to tout his own female appeal on the back end. So, does The Game by a slightly different stage name still sound as sweet? If you think so, mark your calenders for the Dec. 8, release of The R.E.D. album, and keep it locked to the Booth for all the latest tunes.
Written by richard on 11/1/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.