While there was a day when Game was arguably the young king of the west coast, that day is no more. With his R.E.D. Album seemingly stuck in limbo and consistently average ratings from the Booth, it’s fair to wonder if Jayceon is still hip-hop royalty. Still, there’s nothing like speaking truth to power, so as a reminder of his courtly pedigree Game has unleashed the smoothly riding I’m the King. With production team 1500 or Nuthin supplying a synth drenched beat that sounds like the audio equivalent of codeine and ‘Tussin, Game is at his most mellow here, delivering bar after bar of relaxed flows, and even singing a few “la la la”s for good measure while he’s at it. It’s certainly not the kind of cut that demands attention, but it might be just the thing to have fans hopping back in Game’s lowrider and cruising the streets of L.A. alongside the man once again (metaphorically speaking). Either way, fans can expect to get intoxicated with Game when his Purp & Patron mixtape, hosted by Funk Flex and DJ Skee, hits the internets sometime soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/12/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.