While there was a day when Game was arguably the young king of the west coast, that day is no more. With his R.E.D. Album seemingly stuck in limbo and consistently average ratings from the Booth, it’s fair to wonder if Jayceon is still hip-hop royalty. Still, there’s nothing like speaking truth to power, so as a reminder of his courtly pedigree Game has unleashed the smoothly riding I’m the King. With production team 1500 or Nuthin supplying a synth drenched beat that sounds like the audio equivalent of codeine and ‘Tussin, Game is at his most mellow here, delivering bar after bar of relaxed flows, and even singing a few “la la la”s for good measure while he’s at it. It’s certainly not the kind of cut that demands attention, but it might be just the thing to have fans hopping back in Game’s lowrider and cruising the streets of L.A. alongside the man once again (metaphorically speaking). Either way, fans can expect to get intoxicated with Game when his Purp & Patron mixtape, hosted by Funk Flex and DJ Skee, hits the internets sometime soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.