While there was a day when Game was arguably the young king of the west coast, that day is no more. With his R.E.D. Album seemingly stuck in limbo and consistently average ratings from the Booth, it’s fair to wonder if Jayceon is still hip-hop royalty. Still, there’s nothing like speaking truth to power, so as a reminder of his courtly pedigree Game has unleashed the smoothly riding I’m the King. With production team 1500 or Nuthin supplying a synth drenched beat that sounds like the audio equivalent of codeine and ‘Tussin, Game is at his most mellow here, delivering bar after bar of relaxed flows, and even singing a few “la la la”s for good measure while he’s at it. It’s certainly not the kind of cut that demands attention, but it might be just the thing to have fans hopping back in Game’s lowrider and cruising the streets of L.A. alongside the man once again (metaphorically speaking). Either way, fans can expect to get intoxicated with Game when his Purp & Patron mixtape, hosted by Funk Flex and DJ Skee, hits the internets sometime soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.