While there was a day when Game was arguably the young king of the west coast, that day is no more. With his R.E.D. Album seemingly stuck in limbo and consistently average ratings from the Booth, it’s fair to wonder if Jayceon is still hip-hop royalty. Still, there’s nothing like speaking truth to power, so as a reminder of his courtly pedigree Game has unleashed the smoothly riding I’m the King. With production team 1500 or Nuthin supplying a synth drenched beat that sounds like the audio equivalent of codeine and ‘Tussin, Game is at his most mellow here, delivering bar after bar of relaxed flows, and even singing a few “la la la”s for good measure while he’s at it. It’s certainly not the kind of cut that demands attention, but it might be just the thing to have fans hopping back in Game’s lowrider and cruising the streets of L.A. alongside the man once again (metaphorically speaking). Either way, fans can expect to get intoxicated with Game when his Purp & Patron mixtape, hosted by Funk Flex and DJ Skee, hits the internets sometime soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/12/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.