While there was a day when Game was arguably the young king of the west coast, that day is no more. With his R.E.D. Album seemingly stuck in limbo and consistently average ratings from the Booth, it’s fair to wonder if Jayceon is still hip-hop royalty. Still, there’s nothing like speaking truth to power, so as a reminder of his courtly pedigree Game has unleashed the smoothly riding I’m the King. With production team 1500 or Nuthin supplying a synth drenched beat that sounds like the audio equivalent of codeine and ‘Tussin, Game is at his most mellow here, delivering bar after bar of relaxed flows, and even singing a few “la la la”s for good measure while he’s at it. It’s certainly not the kind of cut that demands attention, but it might be just the thing to have fans hopping back in Game’s lowrider and cruising the streets of L.A. alongside the man once again (metaphorically speaking). Either way, fans can expect to get intoxicated with Game when his Purp & Patron mixtape, hosted by Funk Flex and DJ Skee, hits the internets sometime soon.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/12/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.