I started listening to The Neptunes (or N.E.R.D. for you throwback fans) in my younger years, and since then I’ve realized that their beats are just not meant for every artist. That being said, Game‘s new street single It Must Be Me proves that he can handle whatever out-of-this-world production The Neptunes throw at him (which is a good thing, since leader Pharrell Williams is co-producing his next album, along with super producer and career mentor Dr. Dre). Game does what he knows best on the song, pushing hard lyrics with an even harder voice, all while the tempo changes about as many times as your girl does before she goes out. If this is the first real taste we get for the R.E.D. Album drop, then I will most definitely be hungry for more. Be sure to keep it locked to the Booth for the Justin Timberlake-assisted radio single coming in the next few weeks, leading up to the June 15 album drop.
Written by Sigurd on 04/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.