I started listening to The Neptunes (or N.E.R.D. for you throwback fans) in my younger years, and since then I’ve realized that their beats are just not meant for every artist. That being said, Game‘s new street single It Must Be Me proves that he can handle whatever out-of-this-world production The Neptunes throw at him (which is a good thing, since leader Pharrell Williams is co-producing his next album, along with super producer and career mentor Dr. Dre). Game does what he knows best on the song, pushing hard lyrics with an even harder voice, all while the tempo changes about as many times as your girl does before she goes out. If this is the first real taste we get for the R.E.D. Album drop, then I will most definitely be hungry for more. Be sure to keep it locked to the Booth for the Justin Timberlake-assisted radio single coming in the next few weeks, leading up to the June 15 album drop.
Listen to More: Game
Written by Sigurd on 04/14/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Drake’s New Album is Titled “Views From the 6”: Dope, Wack or Eh?
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.