I started listening to The Neptunes (or N.E.R.D. for you throwback fans) in my younger years, and since then I’ve realized that their beats are just not meant for every artist. That being said, Game‘s new street single It Must Be Me proves that he can handle whatever out-of-this-world production The Neptunes throw at him (which is a good thing, since leader Pharrell Williams is co-producing his next album, along with super producer and career mentor Dr. Dre). Game does what he knows best on the song, pushing hard lyrics with an even harder voice, all while the tempo changes about as many times as your girl does before she goes out. If this is the first real taste we get for the R.E.D. Album drop, then I will most definitely be hungry for more. Be sure to keep it locked to the Booth for the Justin Timberlake-assisted radio single coming in the next few weeks, leading up to the June 15 album drop.
Written by Sigurd on 04/14/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.