Kicked off with last week’s Celebration (Remix), Game‘s Sunday Service series continues with a new single (and video) titled, appropriately enough, “Holy Water.” OK, perhaps “appropriate” isn’t the right word, as the joint finds Jayceon Taylor using that Jesus juice in a number of sacrilegious similes. Over Sap‘s minimal vox synth production, the West Coast mainstay boasts that his whip, his chick, his chain and his kicks (which are Christian Louboutins—get it?) are so immaculate that they might as well have been hosed down in the title substance. His high-rolling street lyricism comes laced with quotable lines; in regard to trying to “save” a stripper from the life she chose, he spits, “All I’m sayin’ is a watch and a gold chain / can’t make Bobby Valentino Johnny Coltrane.” Fans can tune in for further entries in Game’s series each Sunday leading up to December 11, when new album Jesus Piece is scheduled to hit record stores and online retailers via DGC/Interscope.
Written by richard on 11/5/12
Game is the Dennis Rodman of hip-hop. And before you start screaming “shots fired!”, allow me to explain. Like most people, when I think of Rodman the first thing that comes to mind is his headline-generating behavior....
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Trizz - Reality Check
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.