I’m not a religious man but, if I were Game, I’d be watching out for stray lightning bolts. Just a few weeks back, the West Coast heavyweight washing his whip in Holy Water, and on one of two new installments released yesterday (HVN4aGNGSTA is also featured today), he proclaims himself the “young Black Jesus.” Blasphemy or no, Jayceon Taylor seems to have another winner on his hands; SAP‘s beat, featuring mid-tempo percussion and a looped soul-vocal sample, is instantly appealing, and Game’s wistful braggadocio is similarly engaging. Dre (of production duo Cool & Dre) tops the record off with a flowed hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked to The DJBooth for more Sunday Service entries leading up to the December 11, release of Game’s Jesus Piece LP.
Written by richard on 11/19/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)