I’m not a religious man but, if I were Game, I’d be watching out for stray lightning bolts. Just a few weeks back, the West Coast heavyweight washing his whip in Holy Water, and on one of two new installments released yesterday (HVN4aGNGSTA is also featured today), he proclaims himself the “young Black Jesus.” Blasphemy or no, Jayceon Taylor seems to have another winner on his hands; SAP‘s beat, featuring mid-tempo percussion and a looped soul-vocal sample, is instantly appealing, and Game’s wistful braggadocio is similarly engaging. Dre (of production duo Cool & Dre) tops the record off with a flowed hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked to The DJBooth for more Sunday Service entries leading up to the December 11, release of Game’s Jesus Piece LP.
Written by richard on 11/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.