I’m not a religious man but, if I were Game, I’d be watching out for stray lightning bolts. Just a few weeks back, the West Coast heavyweight washing his whip in Holy Water, and on one of two new installments released yesterday (HVN4aGNGSTA is also featured today), he proclaims himself the “young Black Jesus.” Blasphemy or no, Jayceon Taylor seems to have another winner on his hands; SAP‘s beat, featuring mid-tempo percussion and a looped soul-vocal sample, is instantly appealing, and Game’s wistful braggadocio is similarly engaging. Dre (of production duo Cool & Dre) tops the record off with a flowed hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked to The DJBooth for more Sunday Service entries leading up to the December 11, release of Game’s Jesus Piece LP.
Written by richard on 11/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.