I’m not a religious man but, if I were Game, I’d be watching out for stray lightning bolts. Just a few weeks back, the West Coast heavyweight washing his whip in Holy Water, and on one of two new installments released yesterday (HVN4aGNGSTA is also featured today), he proclaims himself the “young Black Jesus.” Blasphemy or no, Jayceon Taylor seems to have another winner on his hands; SAP‘s beat, featuring mid-tempo percussion and a looped soul-vocal sample, is instantly appealing, and Game’s wistful braggadocio is similarly engaging. Dre (of production duo Cool & Dre) tops the record off with a flowed hook. Like what you’re hearing? Then keep it locked to The DJBooth for more Sunday Service entries leading up to the December 11, release of Game’s Jesus Piece LP.
Written by richard on 11/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)