Don’t call him “The Game”, and don’t call Big Money a comeback. (Seriously, don’t. He just goes by “Game” now.) After the now new school west coast emcee watched his lead single Krazy go over with the DJBooth about as well as a Kanye track at a Taylor Swift concert, Game is back to try to win us over with Big Money, a minimalistically produced head-nodder from Cool & Dre that’s heavy on claps and grinding, electronic synths. For his part Game spits verses that are as well crafted as ever, but lack his trademark grit, relying instead on clichéd lines like “I got big money, it’s like I’m a movie star” to try to win over the crowd. If Krazy and Big Money are any indication, Game has dropped his street ways in favor of a much more swagger-friendly sound. How will longtime fans feel about Game’s shift in musical style? We’ll find out right now, and when his upcoming The R.E.D. Album drops on Dec. 8.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.