Don’t call him “The Game”, and don’t call Big Money a comeback. (Seriously, don’t. He just goes by “Game” now.) After the now new school west coast emcee watched his lead single Krazy go over with the DJBooth about as well as a Kanye track at a Taylor Swift concert, Game is back to try to win us over with Big Money, a minimalistically produced head-nodder from Cool & Dre that’s heavy on claps and grinding, electronic synths. For his part Game spits verses that are as well crafted as ever, but lack his trademark grit, relying instead on clichéd lines like “I got big money, it’s like I’m a movie star” to try to win over the crowd. If Krazy and Big Money are any indication, Game has dropped his street ways in favor of a much more swagger-friendly sound. How will longtime fans feel about Game’s shift in musical style? We’ll find out right now, and when his upcoming The R.E.D. Album drops on Dec. 8.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!