Don’t call him “The Game”, and don’t call Big Money a comeback. (Seriously, don’t. He just goes by “Game” now.) After the now new school west coast emcee watched his lead single Krazy go over with the DJBooth about as well as a Kanye track at a Taylor Swift concert, Game is back to try to win us over with Big Money, a minimalistically produced head-nodder from Cool & Dre that’s heavy on claps and grinding, electronic synths. For his part Game spits verses that are as well crafted as ever, but lack his trademark grit, relying instead on clichéd lines like “I got big money, it’s like I’m a movie star” to try to win over the crowd. If Krazy and Big Money are any indication, Game has dropped his street ways in favor of a much more swagger-friendly sound. How will longtime fans feel about Game’s shift in musical style? We’ll find out right now, and when his upcoming The R.E.D. Album drops on Dec. 8.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/2/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)