Don’t call him “The Game”, and don’t call Big Money a comeback. (Seriously, don’t. He just goes by “Game” now.) After the now new school west coast emcee watched his lead single Krazy go over with the DJBooth about as well as a Kanye track at a Taylor Swift concert, Game is back to try to win us over with Big Money, a minimalistically produced head-nodder from Cool & Dre that’s heavy on claps and grinding, electronic synths. For his part Game spits verses that are as well crafted as ever, but lack his trademark grit, relying instead on clichéd lines like “I got big money, it’s like I’m a movie star” to try to win over the crowd. If Krazy and Big Money are any indication, Game has dropped his street ways in favor of a much more swagger-friendly sound. How will longtime fans feel about Game’s shift in musical style? We’ll find out right now, and when his upcoming The R.E.D. Album drops on Dec. 8.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/2/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.