Don’t call him “The Game”, and don’t call Big Money a comeback. (Seriously, don’t. He just goes by “Game” now.) After the now new school west coast emcee watched his lead single Krazy go over with the DJBooth about as well as a Kanye track at a Taylor Swift concert, Game is back to try to win us over with Big Money, a minimalistically produced head-nodder from Cool & Dre that’s heavy on claps and grinding, electronic synths. For his part Game spits verses that are as well crafted as ever, but lack his trademark grit, relying instead on clichéd lines like “I got big money, it’s like I’m a movie star” to try to win over the crowd. If Krazy and Big Money are any indication, Game has dropped his street ways in favor of a much more swagger-friendly sound. How will longtime fans feel about Game’s shift in musical style? We’ll find out right now, and when his upcoming The R.E.D. Album drops on Dec. 8.
Written by Nathan S. on 11/2/09
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.