When Muhammad Ali squared off against George Foreman in 1974’s Rumble in the Jungle, Congolese audience members cheered the former by shouting, “Ali Bomaye!”, meaning, “Ali, kill him!” in Lingala. On the latest single off his fifth full-length, following the smash-hit All That (Lady), Game takes inspiration from that historic chant as he strives to put an epic Black Metafore beat six feet under. Over the aforementioned producer’s Chipmunk-pitched flip of Florence and the Machine’s Breath of Life, Jayceon Taylor is joined by fellow industry heavyweights Ricky Rozay and 2 Chainz. J.R. Saint directs the joint’s trippy, technicolor visuals. Fans can find Ali Bomaye and much more on Game’s Jesus Piece LP, released in December 2012 via DGC/Interscope.
Written by richard on 07/2/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail ft. Game, Daz & T-Pain" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Top 20 Hip Hop / R&B Songs Chart (August 18, 2014)
- Lupe Fiasco Puts Ratchet Appeal With a Concept “Next To It”
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.