If you’re gonna need to use the bathroom, you may want to take care of that now. And if you’re listening on headphones, find a comfortable spot to sit, because you’re going to be there for quite a while. Ready? Good. Clocking in at a whopping 20 minutes (which I’m going to guess is a DJBooth record), new freestyle and inaugural mixtape leak 400 Bars could be viewed as a little excessive – then again, Game does have a lot to make up for. Over the wistful, soul-sampled Just Blaze beat that backed Jay Electronica‘s Booth-acclaimed Exhibit C, the Left Coast heavyweight empties out his rhyme book, spitting extensively about his cars, his mic skills, his beef with G-Unit, and pretty much everything else under the sun. Though its epic length may scare off the faint of heart, this freestyle succeeds in proving that Game has lyrics for days (and days, and days). Craving even more? Red Room is set to drop “soon,” paving the way for the June 15, release of his R.E.D. Album.
Written by richard on 04/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.