If you’re gonna need to use the bathroom, you may want to take care of that now. And if you’re listening on headphones, find a comfortable spot to sit, because you’re going to be there for quite a while. Ready? Good. Clocking in at a whopping 20 minutes (which I’m going to guess is a DJBooth record), new freestyle and inaugural mixtape leak 400 Bars could be viewed as a little excessive – then again, Game does have a lot to make up for. Over the wistful, soul-sampled Just Blaze beat that backed Jay Electronica‘s Booth-acclaimed Exhibit C, the Left Coast heavyweight empties out his rhyme book, spitting extensively about his cars, his mic skills, his beef with G-Unit, and pretty much everything else under the sun. Though its epic length may scare off the faint of heart, this freestyle succeeds in proving that Game has lyrics for days (and days, and days). Craving even more? Red Room is set to drop “soon,” paving the way for the June 15, release of his R.E.D. Album.
Written by richard on 04/15/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"On Bail" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.