Thus far, NYC alt-R&B buzzmaker is two for two in the Booth; both June debut feature Please (Vignette) and July follow-up If It Hurts met a warm reception on our pages. Sharing many of the qualities that made its predecessors hits, Sirens seems likely to earn another round of plaudits from our readers. Fresh off showcasing a very different side of his production style on Kwame Darko‘s Half Full, Felix Snow returns to man the boards on this atmospheric banger. Accompanied by his constant collaborator’s icy synth arpeggios and syrupy-slow percussion, the L.A. native waxes poetic about… well, I’m not entirely sure. As usual, his lyrics are delivered through a thick haze of reverb, but his plaintive vocals make a strong impression nonetheless. Gallant’s Zebra EP as yet lacks a drop date, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 10/16/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please? (Vignette)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.