An unsigned crooner hailing from the Big Apple, Gallant makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with Please? (Vignette), the first original song release off his forthcoming debut EP. (It was preceded by a cover of Ke$ha‘s Die Young). Like many of his peers in R&B’s freshman class, the artist looks to the late ‘90s for inspiration, filtering that era’s chilled-out aesthetic through a thick haze of studio effects. And I do mean thick. Producer Felix Snow wreathes Gallant’s vocals in a cocoon of reverb, making them recede into his swirling synth arrangement. Still, there’s no arguing with that falsetto. Directors Dominic Miller and Son Duong provide some opulent (and sticky) visuals to complement the cut. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for the latest on the artist’s Zebra EP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.