An unsigned crooner hailing from the Big Apple, Gallant makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with Please? (Vignette), the first original song release off his forthcoming debut EP. (It was preceded by a cover of Ke$ha‘s Die Young). Like many of his peers in R&B’s freshman class, the artist looks to the late ‘90s for inspiration, filtering that era’s chilled-out aesthetic through a thick haze of studio effects. And I do mean thick. Producer Felix Snow wreathes Gallant’s vocals in a cocoon of reverb, making them recede into his swirling synth arrangement. Still, there’s no arguing with that falsetto. Directors Dominic Miller and Son Duong provide some opulent (and sticky) visuals to complement the cut. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for the latest on the artist’s Zebra EP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)