An unsigned crooner hailing from the Big Apple, Gallant makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with Please? (Vignette), the first original song release off his forthcoming debut EP. (It was preceded by a cover of Ke$ha‘s Die Young). Like many of his peers in R&B’s freshman class, the artist looks to the late ‘90s for inspiration, filtering that era’s chilled-out aesthetic through a thick haze of studio effects. And I do mean thick. Producer Felix Snow wreathes Gallant’s vocals in a cocoon of reverb, making them recede into his swirling synth arrangement. Still, there’s no arguing with that falsetto. Directors Dominic Miller and Son Duong provide some opulent (and sticky) visuals to complement the cut. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for the latest on the artist’s Zebra EP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Member Reviews and Ratings
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Best/Worst Of The Week: Coolio Turns To Porn, Nicki’s Comical Booty & More
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.