An unsigned crooner hailing from the Big Apple, Gallant makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with Please? (Vignette), the first original song release off his forthcoming debut EP. (It was preceded by a cover of Ke$ha‘s Die Young). Like many of his peers in R&B’s freshman class, the artist looks to the late ‘90s for inspiration, filtering that era’s chilled-out aesthetic through a thick haze of studio effects. And I do mean thick. Producer Felix Snow wreathes Gallant’s vocals in a cocoon of reverb, making them recede into his swirling synth arrangement. Still, there’s no arguing with that falsetto. Directors Dominic Miller and Son Duong provide some opulent (and sticky) visuals to complement the cut. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for the latest on the artist’s Zebra EP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.