An unsigned crooner hailing from the Big Apple, Gallant makes his grand entrance into The DJBooth with Please? (Vignette), the first original song release off his forthcoming debut EP. (It was preceded by a cover of Ke$ha‘s Die Young). Like many of his peers in R&B’s freshman class, the artist looks to the late ‘90s for inspiration, filtering that era’s chilled-out aesthetic through a thick haze of studio effects. And I do mean thick. Producer Felix Snow wreathes Gallant’s vocals in a cocoon of reverb, making them recede into his swirling synth arrangement. Still, there’s no arguing with that falsetto. Directors Dominic Miller and Son Duong provide some opulent (and sticky) visuals to complement the cut. Feeling it? Then watch our pages for the latest on the artist’s Zebra EP, which has yet to receive a solid drop date.
Written by richard on 05/16/13
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Madison | LST ft. Kiah Victoria - The World
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.