In mid-May, NYC singer/songwriter Gallant made his grand entrance into the Booth with debut single Please? (Vignette), a joint which epitomized many of of the reigning trends in alt-R&B (angelic vocals, ethereal electronic beats, lots and lots of reverb) while retaining its own unique flavor. Heartened by the enthusiastic response in the Booth and beyond, the singer ventures even farther into left field on follow-up It Hurts. Reprising his role behind the boards, Felix Snow throws rock elements into the mix this time around, backing the singer’s hazy, impressionistic vocal melody with a steady backbeat and melancholy rhythm guitar. Fans will be able to find this atmospheric cut and much more on Gallant’s Zebra EP, dropping digitally in August.
Written by richard on 06/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please? (Vignette)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.