In mid-May, NYC singer/songwriter Gallant made his grand entrance into the Booth with debut single Please? (Vignette), a joint which epitomized many of of the reigning trends in alt-R&B (angelic vocals, ethereal electronic beats, lots and lots of reverb) while retaining its own unique flavor. Heartened by the enthusiastic response in the Booth and beyond, the singer ventures even farther into left field on follow-up It Hurts. Reprising his role behind the boards, Felix Snow throws rock elements into the mix this time around, backing the singer’s hazy, impressionistic vocal melody with a steady backbeat and melancholy rhythm guitar. Fans will be able to find this atmospheric cut and much more on Gallant’s Zebra EP, dropping digitally in August.
Written by richard on 06/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please? (Vignette)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.