In mid-May, NYC singer/songwriter Gallant made his grand entrance into the Booth with debut single Please? (Vignette), a joint which epitomized many of of the reigning trends in alt-R&B (angelic vocals, ethereal electronic beats, lots and lots of reverb) while retaining its own unique flavor. Heartened by the enthusiastic response in the Booth and beyond, the singer ventures even farther into left field on follow-up It Hurts. Reprising his role behind the boards, Felix Snow throws rock elements into the mix this time around, backing the singer’s hazy, impressionistic vocal melody with a steady backbeat and melancholy rhythm guitar. Fans will be able to find this atmospheric cut and much more on Gallant’s Zebra EP, dropping digitally in August.
Written by richard on 06/26/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Please? (Vignette)" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 4 EP
- One Song to Prove Big Sean is a Dope Rapper (Really)
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.