Over the years we heard artists exhort the dance floor to drop it low, drop it like it’s hot and even put their hands upon their hips, when I dip you dip we dip, but we’ve never been commanded to Dip It Low - until today. Making her debut on the Booth with the premiere of new record Dip It Low, Universal/Motown signee Gail Scott is ready to jump on the same catapult that launched Rihanna to superstardom; catchy, fun pop with a side of sexuality. To that end producers Infinity and Soundz craft a stripped down, hook heavy beat that leans on a semi-chopped and screwed hook to fulfill its catchiness quotient, the perfect platform for Scott to swagger and strut her way across the dance floor. Of course no radio-ready hit would be complete without a rap verse; enter really-Young Money member Lil Twist who does his best to drive the teen fan base even crazier. So how about it Booth? Does Dip It Low make you want to, well, dip it low? We’ll find out for sure when we hear her currently untitled debut album, tentatively scheduled for a fall release.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/11/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.