Over the years we heard artists exhort the dance floor to drop it low, drop it like it’s hot and even put their hands upon their hips, when I dip you dip we dip, but we’ve never been commanded to Dip It Low - until today. Making her debut on the Booth with the premiere of new record Dip It Low, Universal/Motown signee Gail Scott is ready to jump on the same catapult that launched Rihanna to superstardom; catchy, fun pop with a side of sexuality. To that end producers Infinity and Soundz craft a stripped down, hook heavy beat that leans on a semi-chopped and screwed hook to fulfill its catchiness quotient, the perfect platform for Scott to swagger and strut her way across the dance floor. Of course no radio-ready hit would be complete without a rap verse; enter really-Young Money member Lil Twist who does his best to drive the teen fan base even crazier. So how about it Booth? Does Dip It Low make you want to, well, dip it low? We’ll find out for sure when we hear her currently untitled debut album, tentatively scheduled for a fall release.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/11/11
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.