There aren’t enough hours in the day to listen to all the music you should. Hip-hop is an important pillar, but you still have to sneak in some R&B and even a little EDM. So, what’s a music lover to do? Listen to GABRL‘s Booth debut, Better (Where I’m From). This record blends all three genres into one convenient, potent cut. Tyshane Thompson and LA Chase collaborate behind the boards to create a swooning, ambient beat that has some definite electronic influences, as well as a dash of trap. The R&B/pop vibes come courtesy of guest SPZRKT and his hypnotic crooning. Last but most definitely not least—quite the opposite, in fact—the man responsible for the strong hip-hop foundation is the headliner. His passionate flow really grabs you. Better is not part of anything larger, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from the promising Florida newcomer.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.