There aren’t enough hours in the day to listen to all the music you should. Hip-hop is an important pillar, but you still have to sneak in some R&B and even a little EDM. So, what’s a music lover to do? Listen to GABRL‘s Booth debut, Better (Where I’m From). This record blends all three genres into one convenient, potent cut. Tyshane Thompson and LA Chase collaborate behind the boards to create a swooning, ambient beat that has some definite electronic influences, as well as a dash of trap. The R&B/pop vibes come courtesy of guest SPZRKT and his hypnotic crooning. Last but most definitely not least—quite the opposite, in fact—the man responsible for the strong hip-hop foundation is the headliner. His passionate flow really grabs you. Better is not part of anything larger, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from the promising Florida newcomer.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.