There aren’t enough hours in the day to listen to all the music you should. Hip-hop is an important pillar, but you still have to sneak in some R&B and even a little EDM. So, what’s a music lover to do? Listen to GABRL‘s Booth debut, Better (Where I’m From). This record blends all three genres into one convenient, potent cut. Tyshane Thompson and LA Chase collaborate behind the boards to create a swooning, ambient beat that has some definite electronic influences, as well as a dash of trap. The R&B/pop vibes come courtesy of guest SPZRKT and his hypnotic crooning. Last but most definitely not least—quite the opposite, in fact—the man responsible for the strong hip-hop foundation is the headliner. His passionate flow really grabs you. Better is not part of anything larger, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from the promising Florida newcomer.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.