There aren’t enough hours in the day to listen to all the music you should. Hip-hop is an important pillar, but you still have to sneak in some R&B and even a little EDM. So, what’s a music lover to do? Listen to GABRL‘s Booth debut, Better (Where I’m From). This record blends all three genres into one convenient, potent cut. Tyshane Thompson and LA Chase collaborate behind the boards to create a swooning, ambient beat that has some definite electronic influences, as well as a dash of trap. The R&B/pop vibes come courtesy of guest SPZRKT and his hypnotic crooning. Last but most definitely not least—quite the opposite, in fact—the man responsible for the strong hip-hop foundation is the headliner. His passionate flow really grabs you. Better is not part of anything larger, but fans can keep it locked to The DJBooth for more from the promising Florida newcomer.
Written by Lucas G. on 01/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.