Update: We have added the Eif Rivera-directed visuals for G-Unit’s Watch Me single.
In recent months, the newly-indie G-Unit has been tantalizing its fanbase with a steady trickle of promotional loosies. Yesterday evening, the quintet took things to the next level with the surprise release of a brand new EP—their first project as an independent act. To help you decide whether it’s worth your hard-earned cash, we present standout cut Watch Me. Here, 50 Cent and company let the public know just how much they relish the spotlight’s glare, delivering their larger-than-life bars over Mobb Deep veteran Havoc‘s metronomic strings and crisp breakbeat. Like what you’re hearing? Then what are you waiting for—log into iTunes and grab a copy of the crew’s latest opus, which is aptly titled “The Beauty of Independence.”
Written by richard on 09/5/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wanna Lick ft. Lil' Kim" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.