Last month, during an interview with DJBooth, Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo disclosed the details of a record off their forthcoming album, Terminate on Sight, which would be “dedicated to the late Sean Bell.” Several weeks ago, the aforementioned Straight Outta Southside was leaked to the net, but even the most open-minded listeners would be hard-pressed to call this gritty street record a “dedication” track. While the song hasn’t done much for 50 and his crew of two, fellow Queens native LL Cool J apparently thinks he can help. Having worked with Curtis on the bulk of his forthcoming release, Exit 13, the slick-talking rap veteran hops on producer Ron “The Ether Man” Browz’s beat and rips the introductory verse with ‘North Side’ flair. G-Unit will release their new album, Terminate on Sight, next Tuesday.
Note: The streaming of “Straight Outta Southside (Remix)” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by DJ Z on 06/22/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wanna Lick ft. Lil' Kim" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.