Usually, when you say someone’s on the Come Up, it means they’re just starting out in the game. That certainly isn’t the case for 50 Cent and his colleagues in G-Unit, but the crewmates are hustling hard to raise the numbers in their bank accounts, so the shoe more or less fits. An unknown beatsmith’s leisurely, street-ready piano-loop boardwork accompanies Fitty, Lloyd Banks, Tony Yayo, Young Buck and recent addition Kidd Kidd as they offer a play-by-play of their paper chase. Come Up isn’t currently attached to a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted as the East Coast quintet reveals further info on its plans.
Written by richard on 07/28/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wanna Lick ft. Lil' Kim" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (1/23)
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.