Despite plenty of pre-release hype (mostly centered around their ex-member Young Buck), G-Unit‘s sophomore album, T.O.S. (Terminate on Sight) premiered at #4 on the Billboard 200, selling a paltry 102,000 copies. The disappointing total has prompted many to pronounce the Unit dead, but 50, Lloyd Banks, and Tony Yayo aren’t ready to give up just yet. The threesome returns with their new single, Close to Me, which (again) targets their female audience, but has a few shortcomings (Yayo should not try to imitate The-Dream‘s vocal style). Either way, accompanied by Chris Styles‘s hypnotic piano beat, consider Close to Me to be G-Unit’s “make-or-break” single; only time will tell which one happens.
Note: The streaming of “Close To Me” has temporarily been suspended.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wanna Lick ft. Lil' Kim" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.