Despite plenty of pre-release hype (mostly centered around their ex-member Young Buck), G-Unit‘s sophomore album, T.O.S. (Terminate on Sight) premiered at #4 on the Billboard 200, selling a paltry 102,000 copies. The disappointing total has prompted many to pronounce the Unit dead, but 50, Lloyd Banks, and Tony Yayo aren’t ready to give up just yet. The threesome returns with their new single, Close to Me, which (again) targets their female audience, but has a few shortcomings (Yayo should not try to imitate The-Dream‘s vocal style). Either way, accompanied by Chris Styles‘s hypnotic piano beat, consider Close to Me to be G-Unit’s “make-or-break” single; only time will tell which one happens.
Note: The streaming of “Close To Me” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by Burmy on 07/15/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wanna Lick ft. Lil' Kim" (2007)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.