Despite plenty of pre-release hype (mostly centered around their ex-member Young Buck), G-Unit‘s sophomore album, T.O.S. (Terminate on Sight) premiered at #4 on the Billboard 200, selling a paltry 102,000 copies. The disappointing total has prompted many to pronounce the Unit dead, but 50, Lloyd Banks, and Tony Yayo aren’t ready to give up just yet. The threesome returns with their new single, Close to Me, which (again) targets their female audience, but has a few shortcomings (Yayo should not try to imitate The-Dream‘s vocal style). Either way, accompanied by Chris Styles‘s hypnotic piano beat, consider Close to Me to be G-Unit’s “make-or-break” single; only time will tell which one happens.
Note: The streaming of “Close To Me” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by Burmy on 07/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wanna Lick ft. Lil' Kim" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.