Despite plenty of pre-release hype (mostly centered around their ex-member Young Buck), G-Unit‘s sophomore album, T.O.S. (Terminate on Sight) premiered at #4 on the Billboard 200, selling a paltry 102,000 copies. The disappointing total has prompted many to pronounce the Unit dead, but 50, Lloyd Banks, and Tony Yayo aren’t ready to give up just yet. The threesome returns with their new single, Close to Me, which (again) targets their female audience, but has a few shortcomings (Yayo should not try to imitate The-Dream‘s vocal style). Either way, accompanied by Chris Styles‘s hypnotic piano beat, consider Close to Me to be G-Unit’s “make-or-break” single; only time will tell which one happens.
Note: The streaming of “Close To Me” has temporarily been suspended.
Written by Burmy on 07/15/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wanna Lick ft. Lil' Kim" (2007)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.