From his whips, to his wardrobe, to his flows, right on down to his very soul, G-Two‘s stylistic watchword is “Old School.” The Maryland representative’s first feature of the new year (his last, video single On the Way, hit our front page in November), this freshly-remixed mixtape inclusion sees him hooking up with a fellow hip-hop classicist to pay tribute to all that is fresh and time-tested. G runs point, lacing Ca$ito‘s slow-rolling production with references to Rakim and The Staple Singers before passing the mic to guest spitter LE$ for a braggadocio-soaked closing 16. Fans can find the album version of this joint on the artist’s latest street release, a mixtape by the appropriately Old School name of Trillmatic.
Written by richard on 02/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Weapons of Mass Seduction" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.