From his whips, to his wardrobe, to his flows, right on down to his very soul, G-Two‘s stylistic watchword is “Old School.” The Maryland representative’s first feature of the new year (his last, video single On the Way, hit our front page in November), this freshly-remixed mixtape inclusion sees him hooking up with a fellow hip-hop classicist to pay tribute to all that is fresh and time-tested. G runs point, lacing Ca$ito‘s slow-rolling production with references to Rakim and The Staple Singers before passing the mic to guest spitter LE$ for a braggadocio-soaked closing 16. Fans can find the album version of this joint on the artist’s latest street release, a mixtape by the appropriately Old School name of Trillmatic.
Written by richard on 02/8/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Weapons of Mass Seduction" (2012)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.