Ever since The One, Huntsville, Alabama duo G-Side has renewed my desire to acquire hood mixtapes just for the whip. Keeping it centered on what they represent, G-Side takes the dirt road to show how keeping knuckles to the ground garners success in the rap game with the free release, Gettin It, featuring Stalley of Maybach Music and Joi Tiffany. The product of a trip that Stalley recently made to Huntsville to record with the team, Gettin It is an orchestrated play on the “come-up” rap track, giving listeners more than G-Side’s history: this has everything fans have come to know them for, plus the kitchen sink. Their frequent play on samples, such as the guitar clip from Australian psych rock group Tame Impala, made this Block Beattaz production sheer theatrics. Joi Tiffany’s eerie vocals aligned with Stalley’s true to life presentation kept this joint supremely…well, cohesive. Whoever would’ve thought Alabama and Ohio had something in common? Stay with the Booth as we bring more from G-Side with their upcoming, self-titled project, due to drop 11/11/11.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 09/28/11
Submit your Rating
Slow Motion Soundz
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nat Geo" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)