Ever since The One, Huntsville, Alabama duo G-Side has renewed my desire to acquire hood mixtapes just for the whip. Keeping it centered on what they represent, G-Side takes the dirt road to show how keeping knuckles to the ground garners success in the rap game with the free release, Gettin It, featuring Stalley of Maybach Music and Joi Tiffany. The product of a trip that Stalley recently made to Huntsville to record with the team, Gettin It is an orchestrated play on the “come-up” rap track, giving listeners more than G-Side’s history: this has everything fans have come to know them for, plus the kitchen sink. Their frequent play on samples, such as the guitar clip from Australian psych rock group Tame Impala, made this Block Beattaz production sheer theatrics. Joi Tiffany’s eerie vocals aligned with Stalley’s true to life presentation kept this joint supremely…well, cohesive. Whoever would’ve thought Alabama and Ohio had something in common? Stay with the Booth as we bring more from G-Side with their upcoming, self-titled project, due to drop 11/11/11.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 09/28/11
Submit your Rating
Slow Motion Soundz
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nat Geo" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.