Ever since The One, Huntsville, Alabama duo G-Side has renewed my desire to acquire hood mixtapes just for the whip. Keeping it centered on what they represent, G-Side takes the dirt road to show how keeping knuckles to the ground garners success in the rap game with the free release, Gettin It, featuring Stalley of Maybach Music and Joi Tiffany. The product of a trip that Stalley recently made to Huntsville to record with the team, Gettin It is an orchestrated play on the “come-up” rap track, giving listeners more than G-Side’s history: this has everything fans have come to know them for, plus the kitchen sink. Their frequent play on samples, such as the guitar clip from Australian psych rock group Tame Impala, made this Block Beattaz production sheer theatrics. Joi Tiffany’s eerie vocals aligned with Stalley’s true to life presentation kept this joint supremely…well, cohesive. Whoever would’ve thought Alabama and Ohio had something in common? Stay with the Booth as we bring more from G-Side with their upcoming, self-titled project, due to drop 11/11/11.
Written by Sigmund'sDope on 09/28/11
Submit your Rating
Slow Motion Soundz
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Nat Geo" (2011)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.