When most heads think of Gary, Indiana hip-hop, they think of Freddie Gibbs and… yeah, Freddie Gibbs. Soon, however, we might have to add another name to the short list of Gary success stories—that of G-Scott, a local rapper/producer recently signed to Gibbs’ own Str8 Slammin label. On The Introspective Theory, single number three off his forthcoming freshman set, Big Duke crafts a slow-rolling, sampled groove to back the Booth newcomer as he reflects on life, the grind and the public’s perception of rap. Watch for G-Scott’s debut studio album, Weekend in Las Vegas, to hit record stores and online retailers in April.
Written by richard on 03/12/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Only Human" (2012)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.