When most heads think of Gary, Indiana hip-hop, they think of Freddie Gibbs and… yeah, Freddie Gibbs. Soon, however, we might have to add another name to the short list of Gary success stories—that of G-Scott, a local rapper/producer recently signed to Gibbs’ own Str8 Slammin label. On The Introspective Theory, single number three off his forthcoming freshman set, Big Duke crafts a slow-rolling, sampled groove to back the Booth newcomer as he reflects on life, the grind and the public’s perception of rap. Watch for G-Scott’s debut studio album, Weekend in Las Vegas, to hit record stores and online retailers in April.
Written by richard on 03/12/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Only Human" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)