When most heads think of Gary, Indiana hip-hop, they think of Freddie Gibbs and… yeah, Freddie Gibbs. Soon, however, we might have to add another name to the short list of Gary success stories—that of G-Scott, a local rapper/producer recently signed to Gibbs’ own Str8 Slammin label. On The Introspective Theory, single number three off his forthcoming freshman set, Big Duke crafts a slow-rolling, sampled groove to back the Booth newcomer as he reflects on life, the grind and the public’s perception of rap. Watch for G-Scott’s debut studio album, Weekend in Las Vegas, to hit record stores and online retailers in April.
Written by richard on 03/12/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Only Human" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Sean Brown - The Top
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.