The whole “songs about molly” trend has largely run its course, but I’ll give G-Scott credit for some ingenious wordplay. On his latest promotional single, Maryland, Massachusetts, the Gary, Indiana buzzmaker combines the postal abbreviations of the two titular states to form Trinidad James‘s favorite chemical compound. On this hazy cut, the artist handles both mic and production duties; his reversed string samples and ominous piano notes set the stage for slow-flowed verses dedicated to an MDMA-loving shawty. If she’s a music-lover, she’ll almost certainly reciprocate his advances. After all, what Outkast fan could resist a line like, “I’m tryin’a put my Love Below into your Speakerboxx.”? Another Weekend In Los Vegas currently lacks a drop date, but fans can still download G-Scott’s last project, 1983, for free in The DJBooth. Additionally, watch for the artist to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.