The whole “songs about molly” trend has largely run its course, but I’ll give G-Scott credit for some ingenious wordplay. On his latest promotional single, Maryland, Massachusetts, the Gary, Indiana buzzmaker combines the postal abbreviations of the two titular states to form Trinidad James‘s favorite chemical compound. On this hazy cut, the artist handles both mic and production duties; his reversed string samples and ominous piano notes set the stage for slow-flowed verses dedicated to an MDMA-loving shawty. If she’s a music-lover, she’ll almost certainly reciprocate his advances. After all, what Outkast fan could resist a line like, “I’m tryin’a put my Love Below into your Speakerboxx.”? Another Weekend In Los Vegas currently lacks a drop date, but fans can still download G-Scott’s last project, 1983, for free in The DJBooth. Additionally, watch for the artist to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/9/14
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)