The whole “songs about molly” trend has largely run its course, but I’ll give G-Scott credit for some ingenious wordplay. On his latest promotional single, Maryland, Massachusetts, the Gary, Indiana buzzmaker combines the postal abbreviations of the two titular states to form Trinidad James‘s favorite chemical compound. On this hazy cut, the artist handles both mic and production duties; his reversed string samples and ominous piano notes set the stage for slow-flowed verses dedicated to an MDMA-loving shawty. If she’s a music-lover, she’ll almost certainly reciprocate his advances. After all, what Outkast fan could resist a line like, “I’m tryin’a put my Love Below into your Speakerboxx.”? Another Weekend In Los Vegas currently lacks a drop date, but fans can still download G-Scott’s last project, 1983, for free in The DJBooth. Additionally, watch for the artist to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.