The whole “songs about molly” trend has largely run its course, but I’ll give G-Scott credit for some ingenious wordplay. On his latest promotional single, Maryland, Massachusetts, the Gary, Indiana buzzmaker combines the postal abbreviations of the two titular states to form Trinidad James‘s favorite chemical compound. On this hazy cut, the artist handles both mic and production duties; his reversed string samples and ominous piano notes set the stage for slow-flowed verses dedicated to an MDMA-loving shawty. If she’s a music-lover, she’ll almost certainly reciprocate his advances. After all, what Outkast fan could resist a line like, “I’m tryin’a put my Love Below into your Speakerboxx.”? Another Weekend In Los Vegas currently lacks a drop date, but fans can still download G-Scott’s last project, 1983, for free in The DJBooth. Additionally, watch for the artist to contribute to our exclusive freestyle series in the near future.
Written by richard on 01/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.