Remember Mary Poppins, the children’s book series and Disney musical in which an English nanny uses her magical powers to stack paper and ball on the haters? Come to think of it, neither do I. Though G Scott‘s latest single has nothing to do with the title character save for a chopped-and-screwed “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” hook, that shouldn’t stop heads from enjoying the record, a caked-up hustle anthem backed by Drum Gang‘s syrupy-slow street boardwork. Winky Productions complement the cut’s mood with some stylized official visuals. For Mary Poppins, the previously-featured Rich Broke and much more, check out 1983 when it drops digitally at The DJBooth this Wednesday, January 30.
Written by richard on 01/29/13
Gary, Indiana underground buzzmaker G-Scott has come together with The DJBooth and 3B Entertainment to bring listeners his latest digital full-length, 1983. The follow-up to summer 2012's Weekend in Los Vegas, the...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.