Remember Mary Poppins, the children’s book series and Disney musical in which an English nanny uses her magical powers to stack paper and ball on the haters? Come to think of it, neither do I. Though G Scott‘s latest single has nothing to do with the title character save for a chopped-and-screwed “supercalifragilisticexpialidocious” hook, that shouldn’t stop heads from enjoying the record, a caked-up hustle anthem backed by Drum Gang‘s syrupy-slow street boardwork. Winky Productions complement the cut’s mood with some stylized official visuals. For Mary Poppins, the previously-featured Rich Broke and much more, check out 1983 when it drops digitally at The DJBooth this Wednesday, January 30.
Written by richard on 01/29/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.