Can you blame a red-blooded male for being dazzled by the coruscating curves on display at his local strip joint? To answer my own rhetorical question, yes, you can—in fact, women do so every day. But I have a feeling fans of G-Scott will empathize with his plight on new single Lightshow. This “trippy club anthem” finds the Gary, Indiana representative recounting how a close encounter with an alluring pole dancer had him questioning his morals even as he showered her with bills. Jesse Black provides the musical backdrop for Scott’s debauched bars, pairing an off-kilter marimba riff with syncopated, handclap-accented percussion. Has this innovative ode ot ignorant behavior whet your appetite for more? Then don’t miss the rest of the dope material to be found on G-Scott’s Booth-hosted 1983 mixtape, scheduled for release sometime in October.
Written by richard on 09/19/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.