Can you blame a red-blooded male for being dazzled by the coruscating curves on display at his local strip joint? To answer my own rhetorical question, yes, you can—in fact, women do so every day. But I have a feeling fans of G-Scott will empathize with his plight on new single Lightshow. This “trippy club anthem” finds the Gary, Indiana representative recounting how a close encounter with an alluring pole dancer had him questioning his morals even as he showered her with bills. Jesse Black provides the musical backdrop for Scott’s debauched bars, pairing an off-kilter marimba riff with syncopated, handclap-accented percussion. Has this innovative ode ot ignorant behavior whet your appetite for more? Then don’t miss the rest of the dope material to be found on G-Scott’s Booth-hosted 1983 mixtape, scheduled for release sometime in October.
Written by richard on 09/19/12
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Introspective Theory" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.